COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
We now offer monoclonal antibody treatment for patients who are at high risk for severe COVID – 19. This treatment, called REGEN-COV, consists of two types of monoclonal antibodies: Casirivimab and Imdevimab. It is given as a single intravenous infusion (IV) with the total treatment time being around 2 hours (includes check-in time, administration, and monitoring for side effects).
Who is Eligible for REGEN-COV?
REGEN-COV has been proven to be effective in giving the immune system the boost it needs to lessen COVID-19 symptoms and help the body recover more quickly. In order for this treatment to be administered, patients must meet certain criteria. Our providers will screen each patient through a Virtual Visit to ensure eligibility before booking the treatment.
Criteria to receive treatment: (All criteria must be met to qualify for treatment)
- Must be within 10 days of the onset of symptoms.
- At least 18 years of age
- Weighs more than 40kg (88lbs)
- The patient is NOT on oxygen therapy or has not required an increasing level of baseline oxygen
- The patient is NOT pregnant, lactating, or breastfeeding
Qualifying Conditions: (Must have at least one to qualify)
- Older age (≥ 65)
- Body Mass index ≥ 25
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Immunosuppressive Disease or Immunosuppressive Treatment
- Cardiovascular Disease or Hypertension
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders or other conditions that confer medical complexity
- Having a medical-related technological dependence (trach, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation)
- Other medical conditions or factors that place the patient at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19
How to make an appointment for REGEN-COV?
If you meet the testing criteria above, you may take the following steps to book your treatment:
- Schedule your required Virtual Visit appointment by clicking here to ensure you are eligible for treatment.
- Email your positive test result to email@example.com before your Virtual Visit
- Once confirmed, our staff will make your appointment for you and send you any necessary information.
- Limited availability based on supplies
- Treatment only available in our Hurst location